Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Exisiting Windows 2000 Licenses How Do I Connect Windows Server 2008 To My Existing Windows NT4 Domain?

How do I connect Windows Server 2008 to my existing Windows NT4 domain? - exisiting windows 2000 licenses

Since the mid-90s I had a network domain is running, the first Windows NT Server 3.51 and now in Windows NT Server 4.0. At this time I still have the workstations to the domain systematically under Windows NT Workstation 4.0, Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP Professional without a single problem.

This week I installed a test version of Windows Server 2008 from Microsoft web site on a computer available. Even though you test my domain controller NT 4 to Windows PCs in 2008 (which is in the same room) when I try to move the Server 2008 default by the working group on my existing NT4 domain, I get a message saying something like such as "Invalid ID or password.

I tried a new ID Admin on my PDC and then use them in the team from 2008 to 2008, a member of a domain computer, and still no luck. The whole time that the 2008 team can still ping the NT4 PDC and is therefore not a question of the cable disconnected.

1 comment:

Bostonian In MO said...

I have never tried, but certainly the encryption and authentication problem between table 2008 and NT4 domain. Server 08 uses much stronger encryption, NT4 supported and does not allow NTLM response by default. The search for local security settings (secpol.msc), and you should be able to quickly find something to be able to authenticate NT4 domain to.

Post a Comment